I have been blog surfing and I have seen a few people making a Top 10 list of either things from '09 or a list of resolutions for '10. I have always thought it is a good idea to write goals down to help your sub-conscience remember. Since I am a new Mamma, I am turning over a new leaf and this is the first time I am making New Years resolutions. I don't know if I can accomplish all ten but I may as well try, right? So here they are in the order that they pop into my head:
1. I am going to knit a sweater for myself. I have knitted many things for friends and family but nothing for myself.
2. I am going to make pillow covers for the pillows on my couch.
3. I am going to copy the smock that my Sis-in-law gave me and make me another one that doesn't have asian cartoon characters on it... and isn't lime green. :)
4. Knit, knit, knit! I want to design things. or see something and figure out how to make it (generally) so I will need to get more practice!
5. Spin, spin, spin! Right now I have 2 garbage bags full of unspun yarn under my couch. I really want to felt with the short staple and...
6. I want to pick, clean, dye and maybe even spin (if I'm not biting off more than I can chew).
7. Really?! Am I only on 7?... I am going to stock my kitchen with the dishes I want and the utensils I want. I don't own a muffin tin, and my 1 cookie sheet is kinda pathetic.
8. I am going to stock up my family's food storage. Which means I will be canning like crazy this summer!
9. I'm running out of ideas! This one involves my sisters photographic expertise. I am going to take a ton of gorgeous advertisement photos for my parents jewelry business Walker Goldsmiths. I have a bunch of ideas already, I just need to put them into action.
10. I am going to go outside!! I want to make more of an effort to enjoy the parks and canyons around where I live. Its one of the reasons Adam and I moved here so I should enjoy it!
There you have it folks! This post actually took me 2 days to write. I thought 10 would be easy but it turned out to be more difficult than I had thought.
What are you goals for this year?
and here's a pic of Lala enjoying her sink bath... just because she's so damn cute!!!